The Lessons We Learn from Our Childhood



My eldest daughter always comes to me with a question. It's like Mommy always knows the answer. But I tell her, its not that I know the answer, its just certain wisdoms that we posses as we get older.

Like the malay saying - "I eat salt waaaaay longer than you have"

I also tell her, there so many things in life that are gone that I wish I could have back - like being in school - PRIMARY school to be exact.

Every time my kids fight with me about something that will add that wisdom pot of ours (nap time especially) , I try to tell them they'll regret it later in life. However, what I say just isn't sinking in yet.  As for me, I'm left wishing I could take back all the naps I ever passed up on as a child.

My eldest daughter once in a while is suprised that Mommy is still up at 3 a.m. I tell her, "me time - when I can do my own thang" The time she refuses to take anap, I tell her that she will regret it later in life, because as she becomes a Mommy - there are times when she will still be up at 3 a.m for me time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment