Who on earth do we think we are to butt in and change things?

My grandmother has a huge garden lot at the back of her house where she plants a wonderful array of fruits and veges. I never took notice of it. Not until recently when I stumbled upon GMOs and Epigenetics.



Seeds never mattered. To me what she planted was just pure of a hobby and nothing more. I mean you can get them easily at the market why bother in the first place. It was not until I watched the Genetic Roulette that I was in deep thought.



The extend of how DNA's in seeds have changed - for me actually is not for the better. And to think when epigenetic scientist say what we are exposed to today, may well become REMEMBERED by our cells in future generations to come even though they were NOT exposed to them at all is even more pro-founding. A lot of us do not realize that since GMO's have come into existence the levels of allergic reactions and ill health raging from immune system disorders to cancers has increased exponentially. Do we really need or want GMO technology? I think Mother Nature or God has already evolved the things we see around us to the finest level of functionality within the current state of the planet. 'Mother Nature or God has provided us with all the things we need and she has created some really nasty things to over several billion years, but it is arrogant of us humans to think we can do a better job in less than 20 years'. Seeds did not matter to me then but keeping a heirloom now is even more crucial than ever. It can be even as important as the air that keeps up alive.


lovely non GMO seed of Asian greens (sawi menang) from my friend Fazila H 


Farah Rahim is the co founder of the Malaysian REAL FOOD movement; a local support group called "HOMEMADE - Air Tangan Ibu". She also advocates managing asthma, allergies and eczema naturally via NaturalAAE. She's the official Malaysia's ambasador of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. When not an activist she's a Stay at Home Mom to 3 girls who loves nothing but good ol' homecooked meals. Her full blog-list is above

No comments:

Post a Comment